Sludgebugs Megadose Pellets
Please Contact Us For Volume Discounts
Sludgebugs Megadose Pellets Sludge Degrader
Available in 25lb case (10 Billion CFU/Pellet)
- Designed to sink into the sludge bed and work from the bottom up
- Contact us for weekly dosage recommendations
- Targets & significantly lowers BOD/COD, FOG, hydrocarbons, detergents and paper
- Proven as an inexpensive alternative to dredging and hauling
- May also be used as a long-term preventative safeguard, or to help keep effluent numbers within regulatory guidelines
- In most cases, treatment can pay for itself with the interest on money saved on engineering alone, not to mention dredging and hauling!
- Reduce up to 70% of sludge and muck
- Lowers ammonia
- Clarifies water
- Can eliminate dredging & hauling
Lagoon Dosage Rates*Maintenance Dose: Add 25-75lb per surface-acre, depending on depth of sludge or extent of surface debris.
Heavy Dose: Use 75-100lb per surface-acre. Contact us for weekly dosage recommendations
Temperature Range: Works best when water temperature is 60° F (17°C) to 130°F (54°C). The warmer it is the faster they reproduce and digest sludge.
*Maintenance Dose Breakdown:
.5-acre foot: 25lb / Disperse 25lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
- 1-acre foot: 50lb / Disperse 50lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
- 1.5-acre foot: 75lb / Disperse 75lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
- 2-acre foot: 100lb / Disperse 100lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
- 2.5-acre foot: 125lb / Disperse 125lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
- 3-acre foot: 150lb / Disperse 150lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
- 3.5-acre foot: 175lb / Disperse 175lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
- 4-acre foot: 200lb / Disperse 200lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
- 5-acre foot: 250lb / Disperse 250lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
- 10-acre foot: 500lb / Disperse 500lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
- 12-acre foot: 600lb / Disperse 600lbs throughout the lagoon and known sludge mounds
For maximum results in cold water applications, try our Sludgebugs Arctic Blend in conjunction with this product.
Like our product Sludgebugs Lagoon Blend, that is proven across the United States as an inexpensive alternative to dredging and hauling bio-solids for over 15 years. Sludgebugs Megadose Pellets has been formulated for use in municipal, commercial and industrial applications, including meat and poultry processing and slaughterhouses.
Lagoons offer an economical way to treat the high cost of wastewater flows generated from, pulp and paper mills, for example. Despite effective wastewater sludge reduction and treatment, solids can still accumulate at the bottom of the lagoons, resulting in short-circuiting, reduced hydraulic retention time, and ultimately, poor treatment. The most common way to alleviate this wastewater sludge reduction issue is through costly dredging.
Sludgebugs Megadose Pellets offer a biological alternative to dredging. The combination of beneficial microorganisms, enzymes and essential nutrients stimulates biological activity in the sludge and provides a cost effective way of reducing sludge volume and improving treatment. Sludgebugs are applied at the water surface and sink directly into the settled sludge layer. They are easily applied over a broad area and target hot spots where sludge has accumulated.
The microorganisms and nutrients in Sludgebugs stimulate biological activity in the sludge layer, allowing floc particles to become larger and denser—improving wastewater sludge reduction. Denser floc particles contain less water and lead to greater compaction. Sludgebugs help to degrade substances that hold decaying biomass together at the lagoon bottom. Beneficial microorganisms further complete the degradation of decaying biomass and result in a lower and more compact sludge layer.
Sludgebugs offer unique biological solutions to assist customers in meeting their wastewater sludge reduction and solids handling goals. Sludgebugs products, powered by beneficial microorganisms and nutrients, stimulate biological activity in lagoon sludge layers to minimize settled sludge volume and reduce solids handling costs.